Distinguished poet recognised with emeritus award | Australia Council
In , five of Petra White's poems were selected for inclusion in the landmark anthology of Australian Poetry, Australian Poetry Since Petra White grew up in Adelaide. In she studied at Essen University and travelled widely in Europe. This publication includes Petra's previous collections, in which slight changes have been made to a small number of poems.
- Australian Poetry Since : Robert Gray : ;
- Topics on Concentration Phenomena and Problems with Multiple Scales;
- Service Providers: ASPs, ISPs, MSPs, and WSPs (Technology Briefs Series)?
- Australian poetry since [eBook] / edited by Geoffrey Lehmann & Robert Gray..
- Adhesion 13.
- Trials in the Late Roman Republic, 149 Bc to 50Bc (Phoenix Supplementary Volume)?
- Australian Poetry Since - consmacrehytap.ml.
It features a 'compact epic' inspired by the biblical story of Ezekiel, but with a distinctly twenty-first century, feminist perspective. Petra White was a founding co-editor of the So Long Bulletin, a blog on Australian poetry and criticism. She was the judge for the Reason-Brisbane Poetry Prize in As the poem progresses through four eight-line stanzas the gap between the title and the content of the poem grows more and more intense so that the conclusion is that much more satisfying:".
Descendant of the Aztec dog-god Xolotl, who with mangled hands and feet guided the dead to heaven, his once trans- lucent form refuses catastrophe; more than the ailing tabby, the timorous and watchful high-heeled dog, or the rented fireprone house, he guards our dangerous childhood pledge to never change. For all of her literary sophistication and verbal ingenuity, White is a poet of the world as we know it, an observer of poignant situations — and a conveyor of them.kick-cocoa.info/components/numexikab/saryr-telefono-con.php
As well as by poignancy, however, the book is held together by certain thematic threads. One is a feeling for depression, the strangeness of it, the way it cannot be lifted by a mere effort of will. This landmark anthology of Australian poetry, edited by two of Australia's foremost poets, Geoffrey Lehmann and Robert Gray, contains such poems.
It is the first of its kind for Australia and promises to become a classic. Included here are Australia's major poets, and lesser-known but equally affecting ones, and all manifestations of Australian poetry since , from concrete poems to prose poems, from the cerebral to the naive, from the humorous to the confessional, and from formal to free verse. Translations of some striking Aboriginal song poems are one of the high points. Containing over poems from Australian poets, as well as short critical biographies, this careful reevaluation of Australian poetry makes this a superb book that can be read and enjoyed over a lifetime.
Show more Show less.
- Distinguished poet recognised with emeritus award;
- Education After 9 11: A Special Issue of educational Studies?
- The New York Times (6 September 2015)!
- Who’s Afraid of Poetic Invention? Anthologising Australian Poetry in the New Century.